Who We Are
SOAR NY is a NY based design studio specializing in branding, visual art, and campaign executions for design-focused businesses. Internationally recognized Founder & Creative Director, Masaki, brings a unique blend of cutting-edge Japanese design and modern craftsmanship that standout in the current American market. We believe in creating a powerfully beautiful design that moves people’s hearts and leaves an impression which ultimately leads to brand longevity.
What We Do
Brand architecture, Naming, Communication strategy, Content strategy, Design strategy
Brand identity, Logo design, Brand Guidelines, Typography, Photo Direction, Illustration, Motion & Animation Design, Packaging Design, SNS Design, Creative Direction, and Web Direction
Beautiful & Inspirational visuals for brands, stores, offices, exhibitions, events, etc
Creative Direction and Art Direction for a brand communication
We collaborate with photographers, copywriters, film directors, motion designers, and developers to work with a diverse range of companies across multiple platforms.
Good May Come
SOAR NY is led by Masaki Hanahara, an internationally recognized creative director.
He believes that beautiful and powerful design can transform the relationship between brands and its audiences. His favorite part of work is to combine creative ideas with craftsmanship to design outstanding customer experiences that improve people’s lives.
After joining Shiseido, Masaki worked for over 15 years as an art director and creative director for brands such as Maquillage and Ma Cherie, as well as corporate advertising for Shiseido. In 2019, he moved to the United States and worked as a creative director for the global brand Shiseido, which is sold in 88 countries worldwide. In 2022, he launched the "SOAR NY" in New York.
Here are some of
our most recent
- 2019 The National Museum in Poland selected his 10 artworks - a series of posters - as their official museum collection
- 2018 Named amongst the top four Creative Directors in the design category by THE ONE SHOW, the world’s most prestigious award show in advertising, design, and digital marketing
- 2013 London International Award (Bronze)
- 2014 NewYork Festival (Second Prize), ADFEST (Silver), ONE SHOW (Merit), GOOD DESIGN AWARD
- 2015 ONE SHOW (Silver)
- 2017 Red Dot Design Award, CLIO AWARDS (Bronze), HAGURA AWARD (Grand Prix)
- 2018 ADC (Gold and Silver), ONE SHOW (Gold, Bronze, 2 Merit), D&AD (Wood Pencil), JAGDA New Designer Award
- 2019 ADC (Bronze and 2 Merit), ONE SHOW (2 Gold, Silver, Merit), D&AD (Wood Pencil)
- 2020 ONE SHOW (Merit)
- 2021 ADC (Bronze and Merit)
- 2019 World's Top 10 Still Life Photographers, Platinum Originality International University
- 2020 SPOTLIGHT AWARDS
- 2021 D&AD, LE BOOK
- 2023 ADC
- 2018 Macao Design Week Asia, Macau
- 2020 International experience Design Committee, China
- 2018 JAGDA New Designer Award Exhibition (Tokyo, Osaka, Aichi, Niigata, Kumamoto and Shiga, Japan)
- 2018 Macao Design Week
- 2019-21 Japan Graphic Design Exhibition (Shanghai, Chengdu and Sichuan, China)